View the Fuel Treatment Priority map that shows where to treat for the highest cost efficiency.
Read the Community Summary Booklet
Read the Chaffee County 2020 Community Wildfire Protection Plan
Upper Ark Forest Fund awarded $5.7M to reduce community risk
USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service recognizes community wildfire plan and implementation under Forest Health Council as innovative.
Community is on-track to accomplish wildfire protection goals
Envision Forest Health Council outlines progress in third annual report.
Council wins funding for treatments north of BV
Railroad Bridge project improves wildlife habitat and help protect residents, river from a potential wildfire.
Envision Forest Health Council
- Arkansas River Watershed Collaborative
- Atmos Energy
- Bird Conservancy of the Rockies
- Bureau of Land Management Rocky Mountain District
- Chaffee Board of County Commissioners
- Chaffee County Office of Emergency Management
- Chaffee County Fire Protection District
- Colorado Division of Fire Protection & Control
- Colorado Firecamp
- Colorado Forest Restoration Institute at Colorado State University
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Colorado State Forest Service
- Envision Chaffee County
- Lake Board of County Commissioners
- Lake County Conservation District/Central Colorado Conservancy
- Leadville Fire Protection District
- National Forest Foundation
- Salida Fire Department
- Sangre de Cristo Electric Association
- Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- US Forest Service Salida & Leadville Ranger Districts
- US Forest Service Mountain Zone Fire
- US Sen. Michael Bennet’s Office
- Xcel Energy
“Catastrophic wildfire — Not In My Back Yard!”
– Chaffee Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Kent Maxwell
Want to get involved and stay informed about Envision Chaffee County?
Signup for our newsletter