View the Fuel Treatment Priority map that shows where to treat for the highest cost efficiency.
Read the Community Summary Booklet
Read the Chaffee County 2020 Community Wildfire Protection Plan
Upper Ark Forest Fund supports wildfire plan implementation
National Forest Foundation to accelerate land treatments under the Forest Health Council.
Community is on-track to accomplish wildfire protection goals
Envision Forest Health Council outlines progress in first annual report.
BLM completes pile burns this winter
Residents in Mount Harvard Estates, Mount Shavano areas benefit from long-term forest mitigation work.
Envision Forest Health Council
- Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Park Manager Tom Waters
- Arkansas River Watershed Collaborative Lead Forester Andy Lerch
- Buena Vista Fire Department
- BLM-Rocky Mountain District Manager Cathy Cook, Field Manager Keith Berger, Fire Mitigation Specialist Ed Skerjanec, Fire Management Officer Ty Webb, and John Markalunas, Assistant Fire Management Officer for the Front Range Fire Management Unit
- Chaffee County Commissioners Greg Felt and Keith Baker
- Chaffee County Office of Emergency Management Director Richard Atkins
- Chaffee County Fire Protection District Chief Robert Bertram and Battalion Chief Kent Maxwell
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife Area Wildlife Manager Jim Aragon
- Colorado Springs Utilities: Watershed Planning Supervisor Mark Shea and Forest Program Managers Eric Howell and Jeremy Taylor
- Colorado State Forest Service: Southwest Area Manager Damon Lange, Supervisory Forester Adam Moore, Supervisory Forester Sam Pankratz and Forester J.T. Shaver
- Envision Chaffee County Co-Lead Cindy Williams and Project Coordinator Kim Marquis
- Leadville Fire Protection District Fire Chief Daniel Dailey and Captains John Ortiz and Dave McCann
- National Forest Foundation Vice President Marcus Selig
- Natural Resources Conservation Service District Conservationist Joni Burr
- Mesa Antero Water Association President Rick Hum
- Sangre de Cristo Electric Association: Chief Executive Officer Paul Erickson, Chief Operating Officer Byron Stilley
- USFS: Salida District Ranger Jim Pitts / Interim District Ranger Amy Titterington, Fire Management Officer Chris Naccarato, Mountain Zone Fuels Specialist Andrew White, and Leadville District Ranger Patrick Mercer
- Xcel Energy: Community and Local Gov’t. Affairs Manager Ashley Valdez, Vegetation Management Manager Brent Bolzenious
- Tri-State Generation & Transmission Assoc.: Planning Manager Karl Meyers, Transmission Maintenance Manager Doug Dean
“Catastrophic wildfire — Not In My Back Yard!”
– Chaffee Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Kent Maxwell
Want to get involved and stay informed about Envision Chaffee County?
Signup for our newsletter