View the Fuel Treatment Priority map that shows where to treat for the highest cost efficiency.
Read the Community Summary Booklet
Read the Chaffee County 2020 Community Wildfire Protection Plan
Upper Ark Forest Fund awarded $5.7M to reduce community risk
USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service recognizes community wildfire plan and implementation under Forest Health Council as innovative.
Community is on-track to accomplish wildfire protection goals
Envision Forest Health Council outlines progress in second annual report.
Council wins funding for treatments north of BV
Railroad Bridge project improves wildlife habitat and help protect residents, river from a potential wildfire.
Envision Forest Health Council
- Arkansas River Conservation Cooperative Secretary/Treasurer Travis Hochard
- Arkansas River Watershed Collaborative Executive Director Jonathan Paklaian and Lead Forester Andy Lerch
- BLM-Rocky Mountain District: District Manager Cathy Cook, Field Manager Keith Berger, Fire Management Officer John Markalunas, Natural Resource Specialist Glenda Torres
- Chaffee County Commissioners Greg Felt and Keith Baker
- Chaffee County Office of Emergency Management Director Richard Atkins
- Chaffee County Fire Protection District Chief Robert Bertram and Battalion Chief Kent Maxwell
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife Area Wildlife Manager Sean Shepherd
- Colorado Springs Utilities: Watershed Planning Supervisor Mark Shea and Forest Program Managers Eric Howell and Jeremy Taylor
- Colorado State Forest Service: Southwest Area Manager Damon Lange, Supervisory Forester Adam Moore, Supervisory Forester Sam Pankratz and Forester J.T. Shaver
- Envision Chaffee County Co-Lead Cindy Williams (facilitator)
- Lake County Commissioner Sarah Mudge
- Leadville Fire Protection District Fire Chief Daniel Dailey and Captains John Ortiz and Dave McCann
- National Forest Foundation Vice President Marcus Selig
- Natural Resources Conservation Service District Conservationists Joni Burr and Greg Langer
- Mesa Antero Water Association President Rick Hum
- Salida Fire Department Chief Doug Bess and Captain Chris Bainbridge
- Sangre de Cristo Electric Association: Chief Executive Officer Paul Erickson and Chief Operating Officer Butch Crawford
- USFS: Salida District Ranger Perry Edwards, Leadville District Ranger Pat Mercer, Fire Management Officer Chris Naccarato, and Mountain Zone Fuels Specialist Andrew White
- Xcel Energy: Community and Local Gov’t. Affairs Manager Ashley Valdez
- Tri-State Generation & Transmission Assoc.: Planning Manager Karl Meyers and Transmission Maintenance Manager Doug Dean
“Catastrophic wildfire — Not In My Back Yard!”
– Chaffee Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Kent Maxwell
Want to get involved and stay informed about Envision Chaffee County?
Signup for our newsletter