View the Fuel Treatment Priority map that shows where to treat for the highest cost efficiency.
Read the Community Summary Booklet
Read the Chaffee County 2020 Community Wildfire Protection Plan
Wildfire plan implementation supported by grant funding
New programs translate Envision Forest Health Council goals into on-the-ground projects such as fuel breaks and help citizens prepare for a large wildfire.
Are you ‘Ready’ to evacuate?
Bear Creek homeowner shares Decker Fire evacuation experience, makes suggestions for you to be prepared.
Chaffee Chips helps create defensible space
A coordinated slash removal and chipping service to help landowners create defensible space in their neighborhoods.
Envision Forest Health Council
- Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area Manager Rob White
- Arkansas River Watershed Collaborative, Lead Forester Andy Lerch
- Buena Vista Fire Department Chief Dixon Villers
- BLM-Rocky Mountain District Manager Cathy Cook, Fire Mitigation Specialist Ed
- Skerjanec, Fire Management Officer Ty Webb, and John Markalunas, Assistant
- Fire Management Officer for the Front Range Fire Management Unit
- Central Colorado Conservancy Executive Director Adam Beh
- Chaffee County Commissioners Greg Felt and Keith Baker
- Chaffee County Office of Emergency Management Director Richard Atkins
- Chaffee County Fire Protection District Chief Robert Bertram and Battalion Chief Kent Maxwell
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife Area Wildlife Manager Jim Aragon
- Colorado Springs Utilities: Watershed Planning Supervisor Mark Shea and Forest Program Manager Eric Howell
- Colorado State Forest Service: Southwest Area Manager Damon Lange,
- Supervisory Forester Adam Moore, Supervisory Forester Sam Pankratz and Forester J.T. Shaver
- Envision Chaffee County Co-Lead Cindy Williams (Chair, Central Colorado Conservancy) and Envision Project Coordinator Kim Marquis
- National Forest Foundation Vice President Marcus Selig
- Natural Resources Conservation Service District Conservationist Bill Gardiner
- Mesa Antero Water Association President Rick Hum
- Sangre de Cristo Electric Association Chief Operating Officer Byron Stilley
- USFS: District Ranger Jim Pitts, Fire Management Officer Chris Naccarato and Mountain Zone Fuels Specialist Andrew White
- Xcel Energy Community and Local Gov’t. Affairs Manager Ashley Valdez
Thanks to everyone who took the Chaffee Wildfire Survey and attended meetings to develop the wildfire plan.
Let’s get to work making our forests healthier!
Want to get involved and stay informed about Envision Chaffee County?
Signup for our newsletter