When evacuation is needed, it’s needed fast.
The third step when preparing for wildfire is:
Make a go bag!
Some things to think about when it comes to packing a go bag are:
- Only bring the essentials (food, water, a change of clothes, etc.)
- Don’t forget your pet supplies (food, leash, harness, bowls, etc.)
- Don’t forget electronics (phone, phone charger) to stay informed and in communication with all family members
- Remember important medications and medical supplies
- Bring important documents (passport, ID, credit card, etc.)
With a go bag pre-packed, you eliminate the time it would take to search your house for essentials and can focus on leaving quickly. It’s one of the best ways you can be prepared for an evacuation.
Now that your go bag is ready, it is time to focus on the fourth step of wildfire preparation, Always be ready.